Asparagus is one of the easiest vegetables to cook, and you can add it to almost any dish! The best part is, it is also one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. Plus, it is extremely low in calories. In fact, a half-cup of cooked asparagus only contains 20 calories.
Asparagus is loaded with vitamin K, vitamin A and folate. It also contains good amounts of vitamin C, zinc and iron.
There are many ways to cook asparagus, but roasting it helps bring out its natural flavor while also making it tender. No matter what your diet is, asparagus is a great addition to any weeknight meal!
Here’s what you will need for your roasted asparagus:
- One pound of fresh asparagus.
- Two cloves of minced garlic (add more garlic if you like).
- Two tablespoons of olive oil.
- Kosher salt (to taste).
- Black pepper (to taste).
- Fresh lemon juice (optional).
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cut off the stems and woody parts of your asparagus, and place the prepared asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle minced garlic on your asparagus and toss everything together with your hands or tongs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the asparagus is tender.
- Finish with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and enjoy!
This dish is quite versatile, so don’t be afraid to try something creative and season it with whatever you like.
Cook times may vary depending on the size of your asparagus. You’ll know it’s cooked when you can easily pierce it with a fork.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
Pair this dish with our Paprika and Garlic Salmon recipe.